PRESENTED BY BALLET JÖRGEN
In the lead-up to their presentation of Anastasia at Kay Meek Centre in February, Ballet Jörgen is presenting a variety of special public programming including opportunities for dance students to participate in classes with Company dancers and for local photographers to capture images of professional dancers onstage for use in their personal portfolios.
MASTER CLASS + POINTE SHOE CLINIC
Monday, October 23, 2017
Led by Canada’s Ballet Jörgen principal dancers: Taylor Gill and Daniel Da Silva. Preregistration for these sessions is required.
Fee: $25 ($30 with Pointe Shoe Clinic)
5:30 - 7:00 pm Advanced/Intermediate Ballet Technique - ages 15+
5:30 - 7:00 pm Elementary/Intermediate Ballet Technique - ages 11-14
7:05 - 7:40 pm Intermediate Pointe (min. 3 years on pointe)
7:05 - 7:40 pm Repertoire (All are welcome; ages 11+)
A Company dancer will teach ballet, pointe and repertoire to the students. Every professional dancer with an aptitude for teaching has a wealth of experiential knowledge to share with students, helping them to see things anew and inspiring them to achieve more with their dancing.
Pointe Shoe Clinic
Fee: $15 ($30 with Master Class)
4:30 - 5:15 pm
How do you...
- Choose shoe brand, style, size, width, shank, vamp?
- Adjust your shoes throughout your training and a career?
- Decide where to sew ribbons and elastics?
- Darn your shoes, and why would you?
- Make your shoes last longer?
- Manage blisters, toenails, cracked heels, and more?
- Decide what to wear inside your shoes? Tape, ouch pouch, spacers etc.
Plus learn about training on pointe – the muscles, the lines, the fatigue, the injuries and more.