Box Office Manager
We are seeking a full time Box Office Manager.
Deadline: Until Filled
- Post-secondary education in Arts Administration, Business, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service: ability to go above and beyond service expectations.
- Considerable experience in a sales-oriented environment; ability to engage patrons, up-sell and inform them about events we produce.
- Experience working with Spektrix ticketing software is a big asset however we will train the right candidate given other specific skills and experience.
- Considerable experience working with MS Office suite.
- Flexible schedule: daytime, evening & weekend shifts are required.
- Adaptable to a frequently changing and collaborative office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative & problem-solve.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Running the box office during the daytime (Monday-Friday): answering phones, returning messages & emails processing sales in Spektrix, preparing mail-outs, reconciling cash.
- Running the box office during events: in-person sales & managing will call.
- Management of weekly sales reporting and tracking, produce final show reports.
- Liaise with rental clients, program new events in Spektrix, print tickets for off-site sales, post events on KMC website for online sales, monitor sales process.
- Supervision & scheduling of casual part-time box office staff.
- Management of all complimentary ticket requests.
- Management of Kay Meek Arts Centre website content updates.
- Management bi-annual youth conservatory registration.
- Preparing other reports as requested by Executive Director and Accountant.
- Delegate & manage the distribution of marketing materials (rack cards, posters etc.)
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resumé as PDF or Word document, BY EMAIL ONLY.
Kay Meek Centre Email: email@example.com
* PART TIME BOX OFFICE POSITINS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE*
Pay Rate: $17-$19 per hour