The Kay Meek Centre is committed to protecting the personal information that patrons share with us. We understand that your privacy and personal information are important to you, so we make every effort to ensure that the details you share with us are collected and recorded accurately, stored securely, and used only as you have asked us to do so.
The information we collect varies depending on the service provided. Typically, we collect name, address (mailing and electronic), phone number, subscription and ticket history, and payment or donation records. In the case of our long-term supporters, donors or partners, we may also collect personal information such as names of their family members, business address, special interests or other details that may assist us in the course of doing business.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the patron’s knowledge or consent in limited circumstances:
- When the personal information is available in a public domain (e.g., a telephone directory)
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security
- When we require legal advice or to investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement
- For the purposes of debt collection
- To protect ourselves from fraud
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law.
The Kay Meek Centre uses your personal information to better serve our members and the broader arts, culture and heritage community. This includes using the information to:
- To verify patron identity
- Identify patron preferences
- Process tickets, financial transactions, and deliver requested services
- Register a patron in a program
- Notify patrons of changes or cancellations
- Provide information about programs and services
- Issue invitations to events
- Solicit donations
- Send e-newsletters
- Provide reminders of upcoming shows
- Ensure a high standard of service to patrons.
- Collect feedback
- Thank supporters
- Generate statistics
The Kay Meek Centre will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to any commercial businesses.
We use some external suppliers to assist us in various functions such as processing online payment transactions and ticket sales, issuing mail, collecting feedback and conducting surveys, and generating statistics. We only use suppliers that we trust manage information with the same level of sensitivity as we do.
INTERNET USAGE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Our website platform enables some anonymous information about website visitors to be automatically gathered and temporarily stored. This information includes the IP address of the computer you use to access the Kay Meek Centre website, the type of browser used, the type of operating system used (Windows, MacOS, etc.), the pages you accessed, how long you spend on each page, and the website from which you've linked directly to our site, if applicable. Analytics help us to measure our website traffic, assess the effectiveness of our site and services, to understand visitor engagement, and to tailor content to visitor interests. This data helps us to improve our website, and is available only to designated staff who require this information to perform their duties.
The Kay Meek Centre makes every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained and disposed of securely, and used only for purposes for which you would reasonably expect it to be used.
Patrons with inquiries regarding changes to their personal information that we maintain, have a concern regarding the management of your personal information, or wish to be removed from any of our mailing lists, please CONTACT us.